Happy Valentines Day! I figured what better post for this holiday than a hot pink lipstick? After all, this is the holiday for smooching!
Today I bring you Stila’s Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiore. Here is what Stila has to say about this product – “A creamy-matte, full-coverage lip color delivers intense moisture with bold, long-lasting color and stays in place for up to 6 hours of continuous wear. The texture is weightless on lips and delivers superb comfort and its color-rich formula will not bleed or transfer. Enriched with Vitamin E and avocado oil, Stay All Day® Liquid Lipstick hydrates and softens the lips so they look and feel beautiful!” Sounds great to me! I wanted a bold, bright color to spice up my lip-product collection and figured a hot pink would be great for Valentines – I grabbed the shade that really caught my eye, Fiore. Fiore is a cool-toned bright pink.
This is lipstick that dries to a matte finish, so I made sure my lips were exfoliated and moisturized before I put this on. Matte lipsticks can really highlight any chapping or dry spots. Please ignore the foundation marks around the edge of my lip, my clean-up job looked better without the zoom, haha.
The applicator had a lot of product on it, so I grabbed a fine brush and used that to apply. My edges are still a little rough. I should have used lipliner – I looked for some but don’t think I actually own any. I’m not sure how that’s possible? Anyways, here is the end result -
- I love the matte finish!
- A little product goes a long way, so this baby should last awhile.
- It really does last a long time, provided you don’t use another product on top of it. I put this on before work and it was still on after lunch, hours later.
- I love this pink :) It’s so bold but beautiful.
- It felt creamy and glided on smoothly.
- It doesn’t get on my teeth.
- The matte finish means it dries quickly but this product is also rather drying.
- Lip gloss or balm on top of this eliminates the “Stay All Day” part of this product, making it wear off much quicker.
- The hydration claim is malarkey, at least in my case. If it dries your lips out, it can look a little cracked and/or crusted. Which isn’t a fabulous lip look. If it cracks is when I toss gloss on top of it.
My verdict? I’m so happy with this lipstick! I love the bold, matte finish and the best part to me is how long it lasts. I hate touching up my lipstick or lipgloss every hour, so I love that I can put this on and then not worry about it again. I’ll take a little bit of drying for that! I am definitely going to think about getting another one of these in a different color :) You can purchase this lipstick from Stila, Ulta, or Sephora for $22/.10 oz.
What do you think? Purchase or pass?